West Edmonton Mall (Next to T&T Supermarket) Edmonton, AB

Family Class

As a Canadian Citizen and Permanent resident, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, dependent children and other eligible relatives to become a permanent resident. You, as a sponsor, are responsible for the financial assistance of your relative(s) and must make sure that your relative(s) will no seek financial assistance from the government.

Applicants for permanent residence must go through a medical, criminal and background checks

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

  • Failed to fulfill the terms and conditions of any previous sponsorship agreement.
  • Defaulted on a court-order.
  • Received government financial assistance for reasons other than a disability.
  • Were convicted of a violent criminal offence orĀ  are in prison.
  • Defaulted on an immigration loan?late or missed payments.
  • Have declared bankruptcy.

List of Eligible relatives, other than a spouse, common-law partner and dependent children:

  • Parents
  • Grandparents
  • Brothers or sisters, nephews or nieces, granddaughters or grandsons who are orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship
  • Accompanying relatives of the above (for example, spouse, partner and dependent children).
  • you can sponsor one relative regardless of age or relationship only if you do not have a living spouse or common-law partner, conjugal partner, a son or daughter, parent, grandparent, sibling, uncle, aunt, nephew or niece who could be sponsored as a member of the family class

* Relatives such as brother and sisters over 18, or adult independent children cannot be sponsored under the family class category.

Free online assessmentĀ  for Family class

Scroll to Top