West Edmonton Mall (Next to T&T Supermarket) Edmonton, AB

Study Permit

A study permit is very sensitive stream as it is related to a student's future, decision taken wisely can make your future bright, but one wrong step can land you in difficulties. An immigration advisor's responsibility thrives because there is a future involved in his suggestions. It is a type of temporary resident visa. A temporary resident visa is an official document issued by a visa office abroad, that is placed in your passport to show that you have met the requirements for admission to Canada as a temporary resident.

Study Permit Sub streams:

  • Student Partner Program (For Students applying from India)
  • Under graduate Study Permit
  • Post Graduate Study Permit

Things to remember before you apply:

  • Always go to Authorized representatives for Ture advice and end to end services
  • Always choose courses which are relevant with your previous studies
  • Always write your own SOP
  • Prove that you have enough money during your stay in Canada to pay for tuition fees, living expenses, return transportation etc.
  • Prove you are not going to be a security risk to Canada.
  • Able to clear medical exams.

Selecting University/College

While selecting your College/University kindly keep in mind that it must be a Designated Learning Institute and it must be providing the relevant course in which you are interested. Also keep in mind which course is beneficial for you whether it is short term or long. Your open work permit depends upon your course duration, if you study less than a year then you will get the work permit of the same duration of your study but if you sudy for 2 years then you will get 3 years open work permit.

Funds for your studies and stay

Living costs and College tuition fees in an economy like Canada are high as compared to developing countries. Once you have decided to study in Canada, kindly keep in mind about how you are going to manage the funds. If you study for one year or less then you need to show the funds for your entire course, if you are going for more than one year then you just need to show the funds for one year you can buy a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) or take a Student Loan from any of the national chartered banks in your country which covers your tuition fees and cost of living.

Study permit will be issued to you at the Canadian port of entry without any additional fees.

Before applying for a Temporary resident visa as a student, You must have a letter confirming that you have been accepted by an educational institution. An educational institution includes a university, college or other educational institution. The institution will decide if you meet its academic and language requirements. To obtain such acceptance, you must deal directly with the educational institution in which you are interested.

Scroll to Top