All applicants wishing to visit Canada must satisfy an officer that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for the stay, that they will not contravene the conditions of admission (for example, that they will not study or work without prior gouvernment authorization), and that they do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which may include:
- The applicant's travel and identity documents;
- The reasons for traveling to Canada and the applicant's contacts there;
- The applicant's financial means for the trip;
- The applicant's ties to his or her country of residence, including immigration status, employment and family ties
- whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of the authorized stay.
Documents required for tourist visa:
- Temporary Resident Visa Application form with two recent, original passport size photos (2 inches x 1.5 to 2 inches in size)
- Personal Information Form
- Use of a Representative form (IMM 5476)
- Current Passport
- Personal documentation of applicant:
- Proof of employment
- Proof of personal funds( Income Tax Returns for the past two years and Bank Statements / bank books for the last 3 months)
- Detailed itinerary including proof of ticket booking
- Proof of hotel reservation
If you are visiting a relative or a friend in Canada:
- Letter of invitation or affidavit of support
- Proof of immigration status of inviter (photocopy of a Canadian permanent resident card, passport, or Citizenship card.)
- Financial documentation of inviter: * such as:
- Notice of Assessment (Income tax documents - T4)
- Proof of employment
- Proof of inviter?s existing funds (bank statements, bank books)
Single or Multiple entry Tourist visa:
Single entry visa: A single entry visa allows you to enter Canada once. If you leave Canada before the visa expiration date mentioned on single entry visa, you must get a new visa to re-enter Canada.
Multiple entry visa: A multiple entry visa allows you to enter Canada several times while your visa is valid. A multiple entry visa is valid for a maximum of 5 years or 1 month prior to the expiry on the passport or re-entry visa, whichever is earlier.