West Edmonton Mall (Next to T&T Supermarket), We speak: 中文, हिंदी, ਪੰਜਾਬੀ, Tagalog, Pуски, Македонски, Српски, Български​

Oath Commissioner


Commissioner of Oaths

Letter of Invitation Statutory Declarations
Affidavits Common Law Declarations Minor Travel Consent

What is an oath?

An Oath is a solemn promise about an action. Oaths can be taken as a personal capacity and the individual shows that he or she is conscience to perform a particular act promise under Oath truthfully and faithfully

What does a Commissioner for Oaths do?

  • The Minister of Justice appoints Commissioners of Oaths under the authority of the Notaries and Commissioners Act. A Commissioner of Oaths administers oaths,  affidavits(a written sworn statement), Statutory declarations, and affirmations that will be used in Alberta.
  • Commissioners must endorse their names, the date of expiry of their appointment if applicable, and the words “A Commissioner for Oaths in and for Alberta” on documents.

Preparation for Commissioner for Oaths?

  • Have your paperwork and matter completed, you may also ask the Oath Commissioner to prepare the matter for you. (subject to extra cost).
  • Bring your legal photo identification with you.
  • Be prepared to sign the documents. The Commissioner for  Oaths may refuse to administer the oath if it is not signed in their presence.
  • If your documents need a witness, please provide your own witness. A Commissioner for Oaths can't act as a witness.

What type of documents can be administered under Oath?

  • Swearing Affidavits
  • Statutory Declarations
  • Letter of Invitation
  • Permission to Travel with a minor
  • Passport Applications
  • Common-Law Union Statutory Declaration
  • Witnessing Signatures

Please note beside Oath Commissioning services, Global Immigration is a  one-stop shop for all the Immigrants, Immigration needs and provides the  following services to Temporary residents applicants: LMIA application, Express entry,  Work permit overseas or within Canada, Arrange Employment offers, Provincial Nomination applications, Provincial Nomination approved jobs, Translation of documents, Travel insurance, Spousal/dependent application,  Fingerprinting, Invitation Letters,  Children travelling consent letters, study permits, Supervisa for parents, Visitor visa for family members, Replacement of Immigration documents

Scroll to Top