Family Sponsorship

As a Canadian Citizen and Permanent resident of Canada, age 18 or over, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, dependent children and other eligible relatives to become a permanent resident. You, as a sponsor, are responsible for the financial assistance of your relative(s) and must make sure that your relative(s) will  seek no financial assistance from the government. Applicants for permanent residence must go through a medical, criminal and background checks

If you want your family member temporary in Canada (as a Visitor, worker, student or Super visa). Please go to the temporary residence link of the website.

Who can Sponsor?

You can sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you're at least 18 years of old and a:

  • be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident,
  • live in Canada or be able to prove that you will live in Canada when the sponsorship application is approved,
  • prove that you can meet the basic financial needs of the person you are sponsoring and their dependent children.

You cannot sponsor someone if any of these situations apply to you:

  • you have sponsored a previous spouse or partner within the last 3 years
  • you receive social assistance other than disability;
  • you are in bankruptcy protection;
  • you have defaulted on any immigration-related financial obligations;
  • you have been convicted of certain sexual and/or violent crimes;
  • you were sponsored as a spouse or partner fewer than 5 years ago;
  • you are in jail or prison; you are under a removal order to leave Canada.

When you have sponsored someone to live in Canada, you are financially responsible for their well-being for between 3 – 20 years depending on their relationship to you and their circumstances. This means that if the person you have sponsored or their dependent receives social welfare benefits during this time, you are obligated to pay this money back to the province of their residence.

If you live in Quebec, you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor after you get approved as a sponsor.

Who can be Sponsored?

Sponsor may sponsor the following members of the Family Class (subject to meeting eligibility requirements) for Canada Immigration:

  • their spouse
  • their common-law/same-sex partner
  • their conjugal partner
  • their dependent children under age twenty-two (22)
  • their dependent children age twenty-two (22) and over (if they are mentally or physically disabled and dependent on their parent(s))
  • children adopted or to be adopted by them, or under their guardianship
  • parents * Program opening on October 13, 2020
  • grandparents *Program opening on October 13, 2020

Minimum Necessary Income for Parents and Grandparents

other prescribed family members (i.e. last remaining family member under humanitarian and compassionate grounds where it is warranted).

As an alternative to the sponsorship of a parent/grandparent, the Government of Canada offers the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa which will be valid for up to ten (10) years. The multiple-entry visa will allow an applicant to remain in Canada for up to twenty-four (24) months at a time without the need for renewal of their status.

please visit us on faq on this topic for more information.


We hope, the article is beneficial to you as we have provided all the information regarding the best immigration consultant in Canada for Family class visa. We are the company which also provides Oath Commissioner Services to customers. For more visit our official website.

Apply Now For Permanent Residency Visa

Give us a call at +1-780-436-0500 or send us your inquiries and we will consult you about the complete procedure and details.

Other Programs & Categories

Apply for different programs available under permanent Immigration category.