Study Permit

A study permit is a document issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) which allows you to study and stay in Canada temporarily. You must have a study permit if your courses or program of studies is longer than 6 months. Your study permit gives you legal status in Canada. It also helps you apply for your student card, a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and post-graduation work permits after completing studies. Therefore, you should always make sure that your study permit is valid for the duration of your program of study and stay in Canada.

Before you apply:

  • Always choose courses which are relevant to your previous studies and have scope for a future job in Canada
  • Choose the Designated learning institutions list (DLI). DLI institution is a school approved by a provincial government to host Internation students.
  • Check with DLI institution that, the course you have selected is approved for Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) after completion of your studies.
  • Secure Letter of Acceptance (LOA) from the DLI institution before applying the study permit application.
  • Demonstrate that you have financial resources to support your studies in Canada
  • Demonstrate that you have Language skills to succeed academically.


The right advice will materially impact the speed and success of your transition to Canada. When you hire Global Immigration, rest assured our team will provide you best of the best services and professionals to succeed your future goal. A company managed by certified Regulated Canadian Immigration

Apply Now For Temporaray Residency Visa

Give us a call at +1-780-436-0500 or send us your inquiries and we will consult you about the complete procedure and details.

Other Programs & Categories

Apply for different programs available under Temporary Residence category.