Family Sponsorship- Spousal/Common-Law partner

The following categories of individuals can be sponsored by a Canadian citizen or permanent resident. • Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; • Dependent children
A common-law partner is someone you have been living with for at least a year, while in a committed relationship and A conjugal partner is someone you have been in a committed relationship with for at least a year, but are not able to live with
If your spouse is overseas, we can do an outland sponsorship application.
If your spouse is overseas, we can do an outland sponsorship application.
If your spouse is within Canada and has a temporary status either as a worker, student or visitor an Inland sponsorship may be pursued. One may be eligible for an open work permit, allowing him or her to work in Canada while the application is being processed.
Yes, if you meet the eligibility criteria as a sponsor.
There may be many reasons that may make you ineligible to sponsor. We recommend you consult with an immigration consultant for the same.
If your previous sponsorship was a default, unless you or sponsored person repays the social assistance provided by the government you are not eligible to sponsor any other member of the family class.
Yes, as long as you have their custody and they meet the dependent child age limit.
Even if you are not divorced but you live together for past 12 months, you may qualify to apply under common-law partner.
Yes, they can be issued a work permit.
Yes, if you meet the definition f the common-law partner. i.e: lived minimum of 12 months with your partner with supporting documentary proof.
Dependent children; a. Unmarried children aged less than 22 years; or, b. Children aged above 22 years and above if they are dependent on the sponsor for financial support due to physical or mental condition.
In Canada application requires cohabitation. You may choose to apply for outland application.
A family member who does not wish to immigrate to Canada.
Yes, as long as they have been declared in the initial application.
Yes, you need consent of other parent, some exception apply.
Due to the complex nature of the application, we recommend that you consult with a regulated immigration consultant to avoid any last minute surprise or refusal of application.